How You Can Help Your Student
At SDSU Career Services, we do our best to help all students reach their goals and find their professional path to success.
As a parent you can help, too, by encouraging your student to:
- Set up an Aztec Career Connection account - All students should register with Aztec Career Connection. Benefits include access to job and internship postings, career fairs,
information sessions, workshops, and notices about upcoming events.
- Go for high-impact experiences -
As a parent, you can encourage learning inside and outside the
classroom, helping your student tie academics to real-life experience.
Encourage your student to participate in:
- Internships - Not all majors require an internship experience, but all students can benefit from one. And it's never too early to start!
- Aztec Mentor Program (AMP) -
All students are encouraged to find a mentor, who can show and tell what a career is really like — as well as share personal experience and advice. AMP is offered every semester, to connect students with mentors in their chosen career field.
- Attend Career Services Workshops and Events - Each semester, Career Services offers career fairs, workshops, and information sessions designed to help students develop professionalism. These programs help students navigate, understand, and connect to a professional network. View our current Workshops and Events Schedule.
- Research Majors and Careers -
Whether your student knows exactly what major and career she wants
pursue, or is still figuring things out, she'll benefit from researching
available major and the career options.
Encourage your student to: