Resources for Faculty and Staff
Career Services partners with faculty and staff, and the larger SDSU community, to provide resources that prepare students for the professional world.
- Faculty and Staff are encouraged to consider creating a Faculty/Staff account within Aztec Career Connection. Faculty/Staff accounts may be used to:
- Recommend jobs and events to students in your department/college
- Encourage students to attend career development events & activities
- Review student videos from Big Interview
- and more!
- Faculty and Staff may also consider creating a separate account as an Employer. When you register as an employer with Aztec Career Connection, a wide array of services and resources are available to your department or college, including:
- Refer students to Career Services
- We welcome your involvement! Please refer your students to Career Services for career-related questions.
- Request a classroom presentation (including employer panels)
- We bring the information right to your class. We offer workshops and class presentations on resumé writing, interviewing skills, networking, job search strategies, “What Can I Do with This Degree?” — as well as employer and alumni presentations.
- Give assignments using our helpful online tools
- Several resources are available for faculty that can be easily incorporated into your courses as assignments or for extra credit. They are available via login to Aztec Career Connection. Please contact Rosa Moreno at (619)594-4378 or email@example.com for more details.
- Big Interview: An online interview preparation service. Contains guided study modules for students to enhance their interviewing skills
- Going Global: A resource for working abroad. Contains country guides, job postings abroad and webinars.
- Type Focus: A career assessment tool. Helps students explore occupations related to their personality, interests and values.
- Writing student references